Culture of Life Studies
Life Is Precious (K-2nd grade)
Life Is Precious is a resource for parents and their children and illustrates the basic facts of human development in the womb using scientifically accurate yet kid-friendly coloring pages and traditionally published picture books. In consultation with a former biologist, as well as veteran homeschool parents, we created this 4-week unit study to provide students with accurate information to enhance learning. Designed to complement any existing homeschool curriculum in grades K-2, Life Is Precious instructs children about the truth of human development while still respecting their innocence. It is perfect for the homeschool or co-op setting where parents are involved, and is a fun, easy way to learn about human development and the value of life. A version appropriate for classroom use in production and will be available in early Fall.
- 16 lessons focusing on four different picture books which teach the value of human life
- Four units, each illustrating a different aspect of precious life and human development
- Lessons to help your kids learn basic pro-life facts in a fun and easy way
- Activities and material to help students understand the beauty of human development and the intrinsic value and dignity of each human being
- Activities to help all types of learners: visual, kinesthetic, and auditory
- 15 illustrations and coloring pages of human life and fetal development commissioned by a professional artist
- Critical thinking activities to prepare students to recognize the value of each person regardless of age, size, or ability
- Fun and easy crafts using everyday materials
- Step-by-step instructions and photos for each craft
- Games, cooking, and active learning
Topics covered in units:
- The beauty of preborn life and fetal development - Angel in the Waters by Regina Doman
- Each of us is unique - On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman
- Standing up for what you believe in - Horton Hears a Who by Dr. Seuss
- Defending the least of these - One by Kathryn Otoshi
- Comprehensive teacher guide
- 12-week fetal model to illustrate key concepts from the study
- DVD containing all of the printable appendices and coloring pages
- Bonus: Baby Steps DVD with live 4D ultrasound imagery of preborn babies in the womb
Your Life Is Precious unit study beautifully engages the student in drawing out the depths of these delightful books. What begins as an enjoyable read-aloud transforms into an insightful discussion through the medium of step-by-step crafts- which are supercute! The easy-to-follow format is a welcome relief to us busy homeschooling moms.
What a fabulous way to instill the message of the value of each human life to children of all ages! This material is professionally and uniquely put together to reach children in ways that are developmentally appropriate and fun at the same time. Beyond using it for our children, we could not pass up the opportunity to purchase a copy to lobby this into our hybrid homeschool and promote this around the archdiocese of Atlanta. There is nothing else like this available. Thank you ALL!
The Life is Precious Study Program perfectly complements what is already being taught about life in the home. The spiral binding, colorful picture, easy to follow unit studies, additional hands on/step-by-step craft projects, Baby Steps video, and a most precious little baby toy are welcomed treasures into any home. This product is for the entire family. May our children be equipped with the tools they need to truly transform our culture into a culture of LIFE!
The Life is Precious curriculum from American Life League has been uniquely crafted with special attention to the learning and developmental needs of young children. Complete with a parent guide, DVD and 12-week fetal model, this is a comprehensive "out of the box" solution to helping your child truly know the dignity of every human life. Strongly recommended for classroom use, homeschool settings, or for any family who wants to learn together about the beauty of all life.
-Lisa M. Hendey, Founder of CatholicMom.com and author of The Grace of Yes
Only one copy needed per family.